Sunday, March 1, 2009

Re: Water crossings



On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Judd Boehme

As long as the speedo is not cotton (poor performance fabric).  

That picture of Chris at the Berryman proves that someone can be practically in the buff and still do just fine.

Judd


On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Scott Young
Excellent!! because I was looking for an excuse to go minimal for my racing clothing.  See I was going to see if Henry would order me a Forum Dental Speedo and I was just planning to go Speedo, pack, shoes and gaiters (for the thorns).  I will just streak through the forest like some naked Aborigine.  I would go loin cloth, but I think I may need some support for a 12 hr race.  Who's With Me!!!!

Scott


On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Judd Boehme
I read in my Adventure Racing book last night, that most of these guys actually wear their pants through the watter crossings.  They literally don't stop when they come to water.  They keep everything in dry bags (kind of like Chris did), line their pack with a garbage bag inside and just leave it on their back and go.  The clothing they wear is chosen for it's ability to dry quickly.

Don't know if anyone cares, Just thought i'd pass along the info.

Judd




No comments:

Post a Comment